Bags are an important part of life for their function, but that doesn't mean you should still be using your LLBean back pack from high school, or some hiking backpack for your everyday use. There's a difference between a backpack and a backpack and the difference is the addition of style. Also, yes you read that last sentence correctly, I was making a point.
I use a backpack everyday when I leave my place. This is most likely due to the fact that I live in a city without a car so it's just easy to carry a bag with me for whatever, plus it's kind of a security blanket in a weird way. Bags are not just for city dwellers with no wheels of their own, they're for commuters, for all types of working people, for everyday use, or travel - they're for you.
Here's a round up of some bags that I think are functional and also have a good look.
1. Atlas Supply Co. - The Entrepreneur Astoria - Their slogan is "for creatives who can't stay put" so you know it's a good bag made right. It's a tad on the expensive side, but it's a beauty of a bag, made out of some good quality stuff. It's also a smaller, newer company so that makes it worth it too.
2. Herschel - Iona - There's not much to say - it's a Herschel, they'll last you for a long time and good for your everyday needs or for your weekend get away backpack.
3. Vans - Off the Wall - I like the shape and color of this bag, not sure how much it could really hold, but good for basic everyday needs.
4. Atlas Supply Co. - The Entrepreneur Copper - Just like the other one, but with some different pockets. Brown leather - classic.
5. L.L. Bean - Waxed Canvas Continental - L.L. Bean can do very little wrong so you know this will last legit forever. It reminds of a grown up Kevin Mccallister bag from Home Alone 2.
6. Herschel - Parker - Good for going to school with your computer, or good for your day drinking materials at the park.