Style | Boots Roundup
I wear boots everyday. I've never been a huge sneaker person, but when I do buy sneakers, they're either wild and crazy, or pretty simple. I love boots because they can be worn as a casual look to a dressier look. I usually go for brown boots as my go to because I usually wear black pants, and I like the contrast. Remember back when it was not okay to wear brown with blue, or whatever. Why was that ever a thing?
Okay so the last pair of boots I bought was in November, and they're great. However, they're showing some wear and tear (knock on wood they don't actually tear) and I need to buy a new go to pair. So I thought we'd investigate this together. Here's what I found.
1. Clarks - Broyd Mid: Simple and classic which can be worn from casual to more dressier looks. I really like the the mixed material, coloring of the heel. I would deff buy these in black and of course brown.
2. Clarks - Varick Hill - I really like these, and I'm not always a huge fan of lighter colored soles but these has a really nice laid back feel. Might feel a little to casual though? Hmm.
3. Frye - High Brett Top - These aren't technically boots since they're high tops but they're pretty cool, and I really like the brown option that's available also. A good shoe for some casual dressy shoe. I wouldn't buy these for myself, but I know a few people that could rock these.
4. Steven Madden - Ford - I like the coloring and the look of these, even though they're probs higher than I would normally wear. I like the rugged look of them, even though you wouldn't do anything rugged in them since they're suede.
5. Wilcox - Fairfax - I really like these! I would totally wear these with jeans but I don't know how well they'd transition with anything else because they do have a "work boot" quality to them. The company has two different styles, with two different color options. My guess is these would last legit forever.
6. TImberland - West Haven - I've never been big into Timberland boots, but as I've admitted before, they have some good styles available. These would work for many different occasions, and I like the stitching towards the bottom, and that the heel and sole are not very chunky. These are secretly a top contender.
7. Doc Martens - Tobias - I like the simple style of Doc Martens, because they have a real casual look to them. I really like that it's so simple and all black, with the hint of they're stitching.
8. Steve Madden - Krammer - When I first saved this boot for this post I really, really liked them. Like out of all of them this is what I would buy. But now that I'm going through again and looking at them, I'm unsure. I really liked the coloring and wood heel. Now I'm thinking they're a good for work and dressing up a look, and less for everyday out and about. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I should go with my gut. Maybe I'm reading into the shiny photo to much.
9. Doc Martens - Mayport Canvas - I'm not a sneaker person, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be writing about boots, but I really like that these are very much inspired by sneakers. They're not high tops, and they're not really a basic boot either by the looks of the sole. Like the contrast of the colors also.
10. Timberland - Newport - I liked these for the same reason as the blue Doc Martens. Casual quality, but in a boot form. I don't care for the thick white band though.
Alright, now I have to narrow it down to my top three and get some new boots!